Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A little bit about me

ok - so here is my first real entry. I am 31 years old and on my 7th month of ttc. We had a miscarriage last September - which I found out about during an ultrasound at 7 weeks - the baby's heart just stopped beating - that was it - no cramps, no bleeding nothing - just a heart that stopped beating.
Having a miscarriage was unfathomable to me - I already had one amazingingly easy pregnancy with my first, my mother had 7 children (she also had two miscarriages - but I figured it was because of the odds - 9 pregnancies you are bound to have one.
My sister had a history of miscarriages, but I attributed that to her blood type which was Rh negative (the only child she carried to term has her blood type.)
Miscarriage did not even enter my mind - so when it happened I was knocked on my ass. I told my family and then told my husband to tell everyone not to call or discuss it with me.
I found that people wanted to speak to me to make themselves feel better - it drove me crazy. Nothing anyone said made me feel any better - so I figured "What's the point?"
I didn't speak a word of it for months. Only now am I able to refer to my previous pregnancy without crying.
My husband has taken the same route as me - basically, let's not talk about it - it doesn't change anything if you do.

Anyway, I have been tracking my temperature (albeit not religously), using the OPK and even using those new saliva tests.

I am praying that it took this time - if I am not pregnant this month it is not from lack of trying.

I already ordered my sensitive pregnancy tests from Webwomb.com, which are supposed to detect hcg levels as low as 15 as early as 10 dpo. That would get me to around Sunday - though I know, as soon as I receive the tests I will take one right away - I am a little too obsessed!

So that is my story in short. I will be sounding off from time to time here - if anyone has any similar experiences, or would just like to vent, feel free.

No comments: