Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It has been forever

Sorry I have not updated in forever. It has been a stressfull couple of months. I am nearing my birthday and you start ticking off your plans for life and realize you have so much left to do. I get the blahs pretty much every birthday. I am also pmsing.

I am on cd 44 - before everyone goes crazy - if you recall before fertility treatments my cycle was very very long - thank you PCOS. I guess I am getting back to "my normal". Besides - the whole cycle I have had sex a whopping one time - we go to bed with the best of intentions every night but then fall straight to sleep - it really is very cliche.

Work has been going crazy and I don't feel like I am really giving 100%. I have changed my schedule so that I work while JOey is in school but I feel like I am juggling all of these things and not keeping one thing in the air.

Halloween went pretty well - thank goodness it was a nice day out. I had a migraine by the end of the night - Halloween should be on the last Saturday of the month instead of every October 31st - that way you can get an early start and even better - an early finish!

I went to my first PTA meeting last night - 2 1/2 hours later - holy crap! Next month is a holiday meeting at a restaurant - with drinking - thank you very much.

Joey and I have been back and forth - when the stress gets to us we fight - then we are good for a few days and then bad for a few. I really can't wait to get back to normal.

The twins are amazing - it is crazy how two nine month olds can have such different personalities - Jenny is so wired - always going. Nicky is so laid back - he just hangs - too cute.

Joey is doing really well in school - he is starting to read - which is crazy for me to think about - he loves school. Next week is Parent/TEacher conferences - let's see if school loves him back!

My brother comes home in a few short months. My entire family is renting an RV (or two) and we are driving up to meet him when he gets off the plane. He lives in upstate NY about 7-8 hours from here. Should be really good.

I signed up for the schools Winter Wonderland festival - I have never been on a PTA committee before- I could either love it or absolutely hate it - I don't think that there is an in-between here. My husband asked me last night about the PTA meetings if it was even worth it for me to go. Believe me - after an hour and a half I was asking myself the same thing BUT I told him - I want to be the type of mom that does go to the PTA meetings and knows what is going on with my kid - I want him to see me involved - there is too much stuff that goes on nowadays - I don't know - I am rambling.

OK - here are some more ramblings:

1. Love Love Love new season of Top Chef - but really can't stand the new host - she speaks so slowly and practiced - hate it!

2. SO glad that Flavor Flav did not pick New York. What a psycho hose beast! Definately won't watch her show - she is like nails on a blackboard.

3. Getting sick of "Lips of an Angel" Feel bad for his girl in the next room.

4. OK - when is the new HBO shows going to start already - Sunday nights are sucking.

5. Danny Bonaducci (spelling) - can someone say "Whack Job"

6. Cold weather is coming - my cold urticaria is back - I don't care - I love wearing winter clothes - nothing more comfortable than a big sweater and jeans - I can also pack on my winter blubber - bring on the snickers!

7. CAn't think of much else and really should be getting to work.

Talk to everyone soon. I will post holiday and halloween pictures on the baby site soon. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Sporty said...

I am sorry to hear that things have been so stressful for you lately. Hopefully the pms'ing will be done VERY soon!!!!

Halloween was good here too, but I only had to dress the little one up and hand out candy. Maybe next year we will go out!

I can't believe how much the twins are growing! They are absolutely adorable.

Good for you for going to the PTA meetings. It will be good for Joey to know that you are there. Have fun at the parent/teacher conference.

We will have to have a chat soon! Take care.

Mrs. D. said...

Jann... I hate that song!!!! When you have been the girl in the other room I guess it is a little less "romantic!"

I think it is great that you are getting involved in the PTA...I hope you stay involved all the way through high school because at my school we have very few interested parents... it is as if once the kids turn 13 the parents just turn them over to the teachers and we never see them again... not even on "open house" nights.

Have fun planning the Winter festival thing... that sounds like so much fun.

Ally said...

I'm sure things will ease off Jenn...just try not to stress about it. With that big family of yours, I'd ask for help...I'm sure they'd love to give you a much needed break.

Talk to you soon

Love Ally