Friday, April 01, 2005

Blood Work

Well, last night was my first night of Clomid....Come on Viable eggs! I was reading a little on PCOS last night and some of the symptoms. I was reading that only 40% of the women that do ovulate on Clomid (that have PCOS) will get pregnant - I guess that is why Doc is doing IUI too - instead of just Clomid.

If my blood work comes back that I have an insulin resistance or diabetic - doc will put me on metaformin (sp?). From what I am reading this too increases your chances of getting pg.

I went for my blood work this morning - got there at 7:10 and didn't leave until 9:40 - I had to get the 2 hour Glucophage test - which means - they draw all my blood (for all tests and glucophage test) then I wait an hour - take more blood - wait another and hour and they take the final draw.

It was a pain in the ass but they seemed really efficient and the guy was nice and gentle (considering he had to prick my arm 3 x.) Now I have black and blues on the inside of the elbow on both arms (Go blood drawn yesterday at Docs office).

So......4 more doses ofClomid and then to the doctor's office 3 days later after that (cycle day 10). If follicles are big enough then I get the HCG shot - which means IUI would be either Friday or Saturday - if it is Saturday then I will have to go out to Plainview for the insemination - which will suck. I also have a baby shower on Saturday - so I am going to have to take the WHOLE day off - originally I was going to work 7-12 - Oh well - I will do what I have to do.

It is kind of a scary feeling to know that if I am not pregnant in the next 4-6 cycles the most then I am done- I don't think we will do the IVF - it is way too expensive - but then again - I don't know how I will feel in 6 months - so Never say Never I guess.

If I get pregnant on this cycle, I will be due on January 3rd. So what that means is that I will probably have the baby in December 2005 - they will C-section me early because of uterus issues from my last pregnancy.

I am a little worried that I may get pregnant with multiples - not too worried that I will not do the procedures - more than taking care of them - I am worried about carrying them. I had a Cone Biopsy last year and now I run the risk of having an incompetant cervix - I think I will get the suture (sp?) early on - to prevent that - my doctor is pretty good like that and discusses my wants as well as his suggestions.

I have to call the doctor in a little while so I can discuss with the office manager the referrals she will need to call up for (Semen Analysis at Hospital and IUI). I know everything is covered - but all the red tape bullshit is a pain in the ass - so I am worried that they will screw it up. I am also curious to see if I will need to call up EVERY month for Authorization if IUI doesn't work the first month - ok no negative thinking - it will work, it will work, it will work!!!

Talk to everyone soon!

3 comments:

Jessigirl said...

Good luck! Are you having any Clomid side effects? Here's to January 3rd!

Jenna said...

Jenn,
Sorry that AF arrived. I really hope that this is your month. I really hope that every think the Dr does really helps. It sounds like you are going to have a really busy month. When do you get the results back about your dad? You are in my thoughts, MS is so scary. I hope that the test come back negitive. Sorry it has been so long since I have been online but you guys have been in my thoughts.
Jenna

Heather P. said...

I hope you get your Jan 3 baby. Lots of baby dust to you
Heather