Well, I had my IUI yesterday. The longest part was waiting for them to spin the swimmers out of control. When all was said and done they injected 5 MILLION tadpoles into my uterus.....maybe I am off the wall here - but when you think that there are 5 MILLION sperm swimming inside you....it kind of grosses me out...
Also, I have a question for anyone with an answer.....where do the other 4,999,999 sperm go after one fertilizes the egg???
The IUI itself wasn't too bad...I had some cramping when she put the cathetar into my cervix that lasted about 1/2 hour afterwards but it was not bad at all - the anticipation is definately worse than the reality!
So I go next Wednesday for a Progesterone blood draw and the following Wednesday for a Blood pregnancy test - 13 more days to go until I know either way! I have a busy few weeks so hopefully the waiting won't be that bad.
Monday night I am going to some Psychic guy who is supposed to talk to dead people - ok - I know it is hokey - but you never can tell - I went once before and my boss' husband was read - it was kind of weird - I am giving my Grandparents and Joe's mom one more chance to come through- if not - then obviously they have nothing of importance to say to me (or the guy is a complete and utter sham) and I will save my money.
Wednesday 20th - Progesterone Draw
Thursday 21st - Mommy and Me
Sunday the 24th - Yankee Game (against Texas - Sorry We need to kick your butt Ally!)
Then 27th is the Test.
I also have to bring my dad to the Neurologist on the 27th - Oh and did I tell you.....My dad got hit by his truck last week....Jeez - this guy can't catch a freakin' break.
He put the truck in park, got out, went around to the back, looked under it for some reason, stood back up and then it started rolling backwards towards him - he jumped back , fell on the ground, hit is head and hurt his back. He spent another afternoon in the hospital - had to get a cat scan - I guess he won't be happy until he totally obliterates his brain!!! What a handfull that man - lol.
On another Note..........I went to the Duran Duran Concert at that Garden last night - I was AWESOME! We got stuck for about 45 minutes on the train so we couldn't go to a restaurant for dinner, we just hit some sandwich place - but it saved us money - so of course, I bought a T-shirt because I am such a nerd.
The guys sounded so good live - which was a relief - I have always wanted to see them live and I would have been pissed if they sounded like shit.. Alot of bands sound good on vinyl (ok - I am soooo dating myself - but I don't know what CD's are made from) and then live they sound like complete shit - makes you realize alot of bands are purely studio creations. But they sounded so good!
They have a song on their new CD about Bedroom Toys - when they played it someone through a blow up doll on stage - it was funny.
Then when the lead singer was finished introducing the band, he asked someone from the audience to introduce him - and of course the one person out of 20,000 fucking people that doesn't know his name - introduced him as someone else - He was like "Ok, maybe someone else" Too funny.
We also had these WACKOS sitting near us. There was one couple directly to our left - OH MY GOD>>>>They were wacking out like dancing with all these hand gestures and acting out the songs - it was terrible.
THEN....there was this couple - ONe was really big and flamboyent dancing all over the place like he was totally wacked out on Crack and his girlfriend - ok picture this - she had long ratty hair and she had the sides up with one of those butterfly clips - she was wearing 80's style tight light stone washed stretch denim jeans with one of those BIG black Leahther belts with the really Big buckle (again - check out VH1's Awesome 80's if you don't know what I am talking about), a too too small tank top and a black vest - her Gut was totally hanging over her pants (it was actually really gross) and she was just flipping out gyrating and humping the guy next to her - My husband looked at me and said "EVERY FUCKING TIME" lol.
Thankfully the other people around us were normal.
Husband isn't really a fan - he came along to be my Midnight train bodyguard - but he said he really enjoyed it - he was actually moving a little to the music - which is BIG for my husband - So serious.
Well, that is it - I am jumping in the shower now because I am off to Mommy and Me with the boy! I will talk to everyone later.
Thursday, April 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am crossin gmy fingers and praying for you!!!!! Good luck!
I am so optimistic for this month. I didn't know they put that many sperms in there...WAY TO GO JOE!
I'm glad you had a great time at DD. I guess if I can see the Stones (who are older than dirt) perform with such gusto, then those guys shouldn't of had any problems. I got a kick out of your description to the 80s wannabees at the concert...I can't believe I
used to dress that way. It cracks me up!
and FYI, I am a yankee fan too! LOL
Your poor dad! He can't catch a freaking break. Well, ya know what they say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"...so what? He thinks he's a super hero now????
Ttyl you fertile pea!!!! May the
psychic acknowledge the 18 lber!!!
WOOWOO!!!
I am really hoping that this is your month Jenn! Sounds like the concert was a lot of fun. Have a great time at the ball game. Wish I were going.
Sorry to hear about your dad, but I am glad that he is OK.
Well, my fingers are crossed and I am saying some serious prayers for ya.
Take care
I hope this is your time!! Lots of baby dust to you
Post a Comment