I wish I could say that life has been exciting...it hasn't. So.....here are the latest happenings in Jenny land.....
Trying to Conceive:
Well, I have gone for two sonograms so far and still the follicles are not ready yet. I go for my third sono tomorrow - I really hope that I can get the shot because it is $20 a pop for the co-pay when I go. If I am lucky enough to get the shot then IUI will be either Wednesday or Thursday...I am off both of those days so it will be convenient!
I am getting frustrated and I admit that I am sad after each appointment - I hate that i have to go through all of this just to give Joey a brother or sister. I know if I am lucky enough to get pregnant than I will feel that it was all worth it but it doesn't make the wait any easier.
Dad's Health:
Well, Dad had his second MRI and they can't find any signs of the stroke and apparently he still has the lesions. What this means is that the doctor's think it was an MS episode and not a stroke. He is back at work and he is happy about that. We have a Neurologist appointment on the 27th so we will see what the doctor says. Meanwhile, I am doing research all over the place on it and asking a bunch of questions (Note: if anyone has any info on the subject, please send it my way).
Joey:
Joey is doing good...he is VERY happy that the weather is warmer - we have been outside every chance we get. His aunt bought him a new bicycle (a big boy bike with training wheels) so we have been up and down the road a million times.
I signed him up for Preschool ($250 later!) and now he can't wait to go. He keeps telling me "Mommy, you can't stay with me at Preschool!" I know that the fact that he is independent enough that he feels he can go to school himself means that I did my job well - but it still breaks my heart to think how big he is getting. It also makes me nervous that he will not be that close to his brother or sister because they aren't super close in age....BUT then I remember that my sister and I are 4 years apart and we are REALLY close...and I am close with my other brothers and sisters as well and there is 10 years both ways between me and the oldest and youngest....so I guess it will all work out for the best.
The way I think about it is (and I have mentioned to a few already) is that my baby is not ready to be born yet - the perfect baby for our family is still in the production phase - when he or she is ready then they will come to us. I say this because I KNOW that if I do have another baby, when he/she is born I will say "Oh, she/he was so worth the wait...I wouldn't take a minute of it back"
If I don't ever have another child? Well than that just means that apparently my son needs my undivided attention - and I will accept that as well. My prayer for everyone is they get exactly what they are supposed to get. Country lyrics say it best.....
"Some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers"
"God bless the broken road, that led me straight to you"
(Hey - no one warned my that a side effect of Clomid was turning into a cheese ball!!)
What's going on with me?
Well, two more days until the Duran Duran Concert in the city!!! OK - so like I said, I am a cheese ball, but I Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!! My husband and I will be taking the 4pm train into the city, having dinner and then going to the concert - like a bona fide date!!! It has been so long since we were able to spend some time together as man and wife instead of mom and dad or aunt and uncle or accountant and drywall contractor. Hopefully I will get some crazy hot and heavy sex too!!!!!
I went to a baby shower Saturday - it was fine as far as baby showers go - the food was excellent. I felt bad because my sister in law and the new moms friend threw the shower....but my sister-in-law got stuck doing EVERYTHING. The other girl didn't help set up, didn't help during the party and didn't help Clean Up - what a bitch. All she did was write down who gave what while the mom was opening gifts and shook her boobs - it was a disgusting display.
My sis-in-law was so tired that I took her son to his Lacrosse game the next day so she could sleep in a little bit. And something I didn't realize.....I like Lacrosse!!!! The game was so exciting and my nephew did so well - he scored a goal and everything. The team he played against was supposedly really good but they beat them six to three!!!! Woo Hoo!
I think I just may offer to take him to next Sunday's game as well!!!
Work has been crazy...the tax practice was behind a little so I had to actually do some tax returns.....I never do tax returns......it wasn't bad though - they didn't give us the really tough ones! The 15th is only 4 days away - it is almost over. They are in good shape now though so that is a good thing.
Well, I guess that is it....I am sorry that it took so long to reply to everyone's blog or to post on PW - I am a complete slacker!!! Love you guys!!!!
Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
Monday, April 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jenn,
I am so glad that you updated your blog you have been in my thoughts and so has your dad. I don't know what you would like me to send your way but if you have any questions I know more about MS then I would even like to know. The MS foundation has alot of information and alot of support. The MS Society is also good. Like I said if you have any questions I am here for you. I really hope that your father is okay and doesn't have it.
I hope that your Dr's Appt goes well. You are in my thougths. I am so glad that you updated.
Jenna
Holy shit!!
I was just writing about that on my blog. We really are two peas Jenn!
I am praying you get the shot today. I am praying your dad gets good news on his appt. I am praying all the broken roads will lead us onto a richer path. That's what I really hope for Jenn. I think one of the broken roads led me to you too and for that I am so thankful. God really does work in mysterious ways.
Post a Comment