Well - I am back. A little worse for the wear but I am here and still standing. Let me just say this....Jamaica Hospital Sucks....the neurologist at the hospital is an arrogant incompetant asshole....the nurses on the stroke ward are fake bitches....and the Emergency Room is more like Romper Room - It is a miracle that my father came out of there in-tact!
The second day my father was in the hospital I noticed that his right side was ALOT weaker than the day before. One day he could do a crossword puzzle - the next he couldn't even write his name. His speech was slurred where it was very hard to understand him. So I asked to speak to the Neurologist.
Well, when this asshole comes in he starts looking at my dad - I tried to explain to him what the problem was and HE PUT HIS HAND UP AS IF TO SAY "SILENCE". OK - so that was once. Then he says "well, you are just like you were this morning" so I said "that may be true but he is much worse then he was yesterday - and you did not see him yesterday". Again - HE PUT HIS FUCKING HAND UP!!!! OK pal - you might get away with that once but NOT TWICE FUCKER!
So (as this neurologist is about 12 inches away from me) I turned to my sister and said "If this asshole puts his hand up at me one more time I am going to Knock him the Fuck out!" Needless to say - he turned and finally started talking to me. They gave my dad a catscan a few hours later (thank you very much).
There are several different incompetent, arrogant, inconsiderate stories that I could detail here but the story above pretty much sums up our experience. Thank God my dad is going to see his physician on Wednesday and the Neurologist on Friday!
On the Trying to Conceive Front - I am cd9 I think - the monitor this morning asked for a test but I know that I am not even close so I just turned the stupid thing off. I have not taken my temp yet this cycle - I am just so tired and I don't know if I can handle another let down this month - so I am going to take a breather - I know by next month I will get back on track but right now I feel so drained - I feel like I was concentrating so hard on trying to conceive that I am ignoring everything else around me. My dad's stroke made me want to spend a little more time with the family that I am blessed with already.
Thank you everyone for your well wishes and prayers for my dad - it meant alot to me. Hope everyone is doing well!
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
Jenn,
I am SO happy that you are ok, and I am SO happy that your dad is ok! I missed you girl! Welcome back.
Jess
Jenn,
I am SO happy that you are ok, and I am SO happy that your dad is ok! I missed you girl! Welcome back.
Jess
J E N N ! ! !
It is so good to see you back. I was worried about you and missed you. I am glad that your dad is doing better. It is so good to hear. I am glad that you told that asshole Dr something. Why do Dr have to be such assholes. You are in my thoughts and it is so good to see you back.
Jenna
I am just really happy he made it through with only mild consequences. I am praying he makes a full recovery.
I'm glad my pea is back too.
sorry about all the comments....the website was freaking out on me.
I am glad that things are better for you and your family. Good job taking care of the asshats at the hospital.
I am going to continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
It is nice to see you back. We have all really missed ya!
Take care,
Chas
Post a Comment