OK - I may be bumping up my next doctor's appointment. I am having so much pain on my left side from these cysts. Three nights ago I woke up with a bad stabbing pain in my back and stomach - it lasted about 15-20 minutes then went away. I discussed it with my doc and he said the pain is because of the humongous ovaries putting pressure on everything.
Well, all day long it hurt - on and off - but each time it came back it was a little worse. I left work early and went home to bed - every hour or so (maybe more) - the pain would start again - it begins as a dull ache and then goes to little needles - then to an ice pick - it lasts anywhere from 5-15 minutes then goes away.
Yesterday it wasn't as bad so I went to work - I was a little achy but ok - so stupid me decided I was ok enough to go on the office trip (my boss took us to dinner and then a play out in the Hamptons) - Big Mistake - between the ride to the hamptons, sitting in the restaurant and then sitting in the theatre - I was in total pain again last night - Thank God two of the people I work with went in my car - Peter drove home and I was able to lie down in the back seat.
I was ok through most of the night and then got another attack at around 4am - now I am just achy again - I leave today at 3 and I plan to spend the rest of the weekend in bed or on the couch. I am not sure if I am going to be able to go through this much pain every day for the next 12-15 weeks (which is how long my doc said it could take for the cysts to disappear) but really what choice do I have? They can't aspirate because of the baby - and surgery would also put the baby in jeopardy. I can't take alot of time off from work because I will be taking 8 weeks (totally paid mind you) once the baby is born.
I think I may do more short days - or try to do some more work at home so that I can rest up a bit. My doctor's appointment is on Tuesday - I will see how tonight and tomorrow goes and decide if I will go in on Monday instead.
Sorry this is a downer post - I am just venting because I am sitting here and my back is burning!!!!
On a good note:
CONGRATULATIONS HEATHER ON YOUR BFP!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Saturday, July 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jenn,
I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I wish there was something that could be done. I said a special prayer for you yesterday. I really, really hope that the pain goes away and the baby is safe. Your in my thoughts.
Jenna
Jenn,
My dh says my body has pregnancy radar!! They don't know why but I get these terrible cramping espisodes when I get pregnant. I had them with Lorna and now with this one. I have these episodes and they are terrible. I cry sitting on the toilet for about 20-30 mins. They are terrible! They don't know why I get them or how to take away the pain. They ended at 8 weeks just as they did the first time. Hope the cysts go away soon.
I am so sorry that you are experiencing so much pain and discomfort. I hope something can be done and the pain goes away. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment