Monday, June 13, 2005

As per Jess' request....

OK - sorry I have not updated - alot going on lately.

So here is my update....I went to the doc on Thursday and I had NINE follicles sized 13-18mm. Since I had so many my doctor told me that I should consider canceling the cycle since I have a 15-20% chance of having 3 or more with so many follicles!

I went home and talked it over with my husband, who promptly told me "We have come this far, and after everything you have been through, we are not canceling this cycle - we said this was it - let's do it!"

Me: "uh ok, if you are sure - because if I have a 15-20% chance of 3 or more then the chance of twins has to be around 40-50% (although I didn't ask my doc about this)"

Joe: "So, if we have 3 or 4 then we just go bankrupt - no big deal!!"

Me: "OK then - let's do this"

- I called my doctor and Joe gave me the Ovidrel trigger shot at 10:30am.

First IUI was on Friday - it had been awhile since Joe and I had danced - the day of the IUI is supposed to be from 2-7 days since his last "release".

Well, I kind of lied (no kind of about it - I lied). It had been 8 days, but I put that it was only 7 - I figured with 9 follicles it would have been ok.

Wouldn't you know it - Joe had (ok alert - going to be VERY CRUDE HERE)

(LAST CHANCE -HERE IT COMES)

(OK - Don't say I didn't warn you!)

Joe had a banner fucking load that morning apparently, because all of his levels were way above average. That first IUI they injected 18.6 MILLION sperm into me!!!! HOLY SHIT! Even the doctor said "This is a very good specimin!" So when I have 9 follicles is when Joe decides to step up to the plate !

2nd IUI was on Saturday - the specimin was back down to just average (since he had the 4th of July the day before) and there was only 6.2million on Saturday. So in total, I have had 24.8 million sperm inside me looking for 9 eggs! Basically - if I am not pregnant this month, then I am never getting pregnant!

Now I am going to tell you something that probably reflects bad on me - but Hey we are all honest here in blogland!

Since I had so many follicles, I felt so full for about 3 days - it feels like you have a bunch of really big gas bubbles in your abdomen (sp?) and it is kind of crampy.

So the day of the first IUI, he said "you are going to feel some pressure from the speculum"

He inserted the speculum and I was like (not out loud) "Hey, that doesn't feel so bad - it kind of relieves the pressure!" Of course, I didn't tell my doctor that - he would have looked at me like a freak - and on Saturday it went back to being totally uncomfortable - but hey - want to give you the whole experience.

SO....I started progesterone yesterday, I will go for a check at the end of this week, and a blood test around the 23rd or 24th - I will probably take a FRED on the 22nd - so we are just 9 short days away from the results!



As a side note....what the fuck is up with PW????? What a pain in the ass! Have a good one everybody!

7 comments:

Sporty said...

First...let me say "Way to go Joe!!!" I am really hoping that this is it for you Jenn. I am going to go nuts waiting for your results! I really, really, REALLY want this to be your month!

Yep..I agree, PW is a complete pain in the ass!

Well, I am thinking about ya and you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care

Ally said...

I pray that this is it PEA!! I was thinking about cha and HAD to wish you well!!!!

I will be doing lots of praying!!

Heather said...

Happy Fourth of July to the hubby!!! That was hilarious! I am really praying that this is your cycle. Keep your chin up and know you are thought about.

Heather M.

Heather P. said...

Well I am going to be doing alot of praying for you!! Its only 2 weeks away!!
Heather

Jessigirl said...

Holy crap Jenn!! That is a lot of sperm!!!! I REALLY think this will be your month given the circumstances. That would make two IPPers preggo in June....no pressure. LOL!!!

Jess

Liz said...

You're right your DH did "step up"...WOW!! This is your month Jenn...saying lots of prayers for you!

Jenna said...

I am so excited for you this cycle, I am hoping and praying this cycle is the one. 9 more days!!!!
Good Luck,
Jenna