OK - so I haven't posted in a couple of days because I don't know what the fuck is going on with me!
Yesterday, to my amazing delight, I got a positive hpt!!!! It wasn't an imaginary line, both my husband saw it and my best friend. I spent the whole day in a huge state of euphoria - "I am pregnant!! I am finally pregnant!!!!" I tried not to get too excited - it was a faint line after all. I knew I would feel better when I got a darker line - or even a second faint line would have been enough for me.
I don't know if it was the excitement that brought the migraine on but starting at about 10am my head started pounding a little bit and I felt nauseous - maybe I am actually getting the proverbial "morning sickness". Well, I don't care how bad my head hurts - I am not going to take anything because I am going to have a baby!!!!!
As the headache got worse I tried not to think about it - I just thought about this amazing baby growing inside me.
That afternoon I took another test - Negative. But, it had been only 2 hours since I last went to the bathroom so chances are the hcg didn't have time to build up - I mean it was light with first morning urine - so I still was very optimistic.
Fast forward to 9:30 at night - 3 1/2 hours since I last went to the bathroom - still Negative. OK - well we just got home from dinner, I drank some soda and water - the box says not to drink for 3 hours before you take the test - still a little hopeful but slowly the doubt is taking over.
5:45 this morning - My head is pounding uncontrollably - the damp washcloth that I had over my eyes all night has long since gone dry. My alarm rings - I take my temp - 98.3 - wow!!!! that is 1/2 degree higher than yesterday - that is a good sign!!! I know I am going to get a positive now! Well, too late to make a long story short - Negative - sure I imagined a faint line - but I know it wasn't there.
The kicker? Yesterday's positive is still positive, my boobs still hurt - both of them. At least my headache is gone - I took two advil after I got the negative.
My husband tells me not to get too discouraged - he said that I am still not due for AF for two days -it still may be too early - the same old crap - but I know better than to hope. I just feel so stupid - never again am I going to buy these stupid cheap internet tests!! This is the 2nd false positive I have gotten with them!!!!
This sucks! This Sucks! This Sucks! I am out of tests and I don't even have the urge to go buy any more. I know on Tuesday I will see a huge temp drop and AF will be here. Mother Nature sure has a sick twisted sense of humor.
Side note to Ally - Sorry - just couldn't get on the computer this morning.
Side to Lesley - Glad you are feeling better today. Hope we get the chance to talk tonight.
Sunday, January 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't be sorry Jenn, it's ok. I figured if I hadn't heard anything that is wasn't good. I was upset for you. I know how it feels to get a false positive and I also know how it is to get a migraine...I have chronic migraines and it's not pretty I know. I'm still praying this will be some cruel harsh joke...
like you said Mother Nature isn't funny. Let me know if you want to talk...ya know I will always listen. :)
Post a Comment