About the Hives:
Basically, after Internet self diagnosis, I have determined that I have Cold Urticaria - which is basically an allergic reaction to the cold. DH and I have been talking and we pretty much realized that this has been going on for over a year. Since I don't spend much time out in the cold, and hardly ever go swimming - it wasn't really noticeable (sp?) until now. We did realize that anytime I go swimming in a pool or the ocean, I totally break out in hives - I have always attributed it to the chlorine or salt water - turns out it isn't that at all.
Also, when I do the dishes, if the hot water starts running out - my hands break out in hives.
So, when I was in the City last Friday and I was out in the cold for a LONG period of time (we walked from Penn to 44th street) I got a really bad noticable reaction. Last night I was outside cleaning out my car - same thing happened so I looked up "Cold Induced Hives" on the internet and this is what I found.
Basically if you go to an allergist they give you an ice test. They place an ice cube on your arm for 4 minutes then observe the area for 2 minutes afterwards. If it looks like this than you have Cold Urticaria.
Of course I did the test myself and two minutes later - Big Huge Hive on my arm - so that is enough for me. They treat you with antihistimines (sp?) but since I do not want to be on anything while TTC - I am not going to the doctor (much to the annoyance of my mother).
In other news:
I went shopping for my nieces' Sweet 16 dress today. Here is the dress we found::::

(My niece is Way Cuter) The picture doesn't do the dress justice, the beading is all sparkly - she looks like a little princess!!!!!
That is pretty much it - I will let you all know when I get another BFN tomorrow morning. I am supposed to work at 7am tomorrow - but we are in the middle of a snow storm so I don't know what is going to happen.
Hope everyone doing well.
5 comments:
That dress is so beautiful. I wish I had an aunt like you growing up...all of mine were snooty biddies that had no time for me. Oh well, live and learn.
I hope you don't get snowed in...that would stink. The weather has been awful here too...but rain instead of snow. I can't wait until the spring.
I hope you get a day off tomorrow...SNOW DAY!!!
Cute dress!!!!
Here's hoping you get a snow day tomorrow... It should be 70 degrees here.. so I am pretty sure we will be in school....
Jenn,
I am sorry about another BFN as I just said on Lesleys blog, it's not over till the fat lady sings and we are all praying she keeps her mouth shut and you get a BFP. The dress is so beautiful you are a great aunt.
That is crazy about the hives. I have never had any kind of hives so this might be a stupid question. Do they hurt or are they just there?
I hope that you have a good day.
Luv,
Jenna
Jenna - they kind of burn and itch - more annoying than anything!
Great dress Jenn! I bet your niece looks beautiful. Sweet 16....boy that was a while back.
Glad you figured out what was causing the hives. Next time I have a question, I am going to Dr. Jenn.
Sorry about the BFN. I am going to chalk it up to being too early.
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Chas
Post a Comment